CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cavion, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, announced today that Dr. Spyridon "Spyros" Papapetropoulos has joined as Executive Vice President, Research and Development and Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Papapetropoulos will lead Cavion’s research and development organization to advance therapies based on the company’s T-type calcium channel (Cav3) platform.
- Published: Thursday, 09 March 2017 07:53
- March 11 - Girls' Geek Day at Cale Elementary School. GGD is all about sparking elementary school girls interest in technology and computing by providing a fun, collaborative, hands-on environment to learn new tech skills and helping them connect to other STEM programs in the community. Registration required.
- March 17 (new date) - Hidden Figures featured at PVCC Free Movie Night starting at 7:30pm. "Hidden Figures" recounts the story of three brilliant African-American women at NASA -- Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughn and Mary Jackson -- who served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit. More info.
- March 18 - Engineering Open House at UVA is an opportunity for visitors to meet faculty and staff, interact with current students, take tours of state-of-the-art facilities, and attend interesting exhibits, presentations and demonstrations. The event is free and open to the public, and high school students are encouraged to register.
- April 13 - TomTom Youth Summit. This student planned and student led Summit is open and free to K-12 students. It will include engaging speakers, hands-on workshops, student showcases, student business pitches and a student community innovation challenge. Registration required.
- April 14 - TomTom Founder’s Summit will feature Anne-Marie Slaughter, author of Unfinished Business: Women, Men, Work, Family and Laura Weidman Powers, Co-founder and CEO of CODE2040. During Women’s History month, women can use the 50% discount code (FSWOMEN) during registration.
- April 15 -- She Started It Screening & Panel Discussion starting at 10:30am. She Started It is a feature length documentary film on women tech entrepreneurs, that aims to highlight successful role models for young women. It is the first film to show the behind the scenes of running a tech start-up as a young woman. This event is free and open to the public, but please reserve your ticket.
- April 23 - Ladies in the Lab at UVA. Mark your calendars now, so you don’t miss this awesome afternoon of all things Science, Technology, Engineering and Math hosted by female engineers from UVA. More details coming soon.
- April 29 - Girls' Geek Day at Crozet Elementary School. Registration required.
- May 15 (deadline) - The 4th annual Bio-Med Tech-Girls will take place the week of August 7. This experience provides an opportunity for high school students to get a hands-on, behind-the-scenes peek at biomedical research happening right now at UVA. Apply now.
For a current or updated list of events, visit the Tech Girls Website