The Manufacturing Systems Development Engineer will be responsible for the development of a wide variety of Manufacturing Systems applications. You will apply your experience and knowledge to the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions to support and enhance Manufacturing Operations. The Manufacturing Systems team is a critical element of the Brilliant Factory and Lean Manufacturing initiatives, and as a Development Engineer, you will be a key part of taking the Automation & Controls manufacturing operations to the next level of excellence.
As the Systems Development Engineer, you will:
- Execute the design, development and implementation of a variety of manufacturing systems solutions to help keep Charlottesville on the leading edge of the GE Brilliant Factory transformation and make us a world-class controls manufacturer.
- Support and improve Manufacturing Operations, utilizing tools such as (but not limited to):
- Cimplicity HMI/SCADA,
- Proficy RTIP, MS SSRS/BIDS,
- Aegis (MES),
- Label printing,
- Laser marking,
- Maintenance Connection,
- SAP (ERP) & Junot NLINK middleware
- Debug and enhance existing MES solutions.
- Create technical system architecture drawings, information flow maps, database diagrams.
- Create user and system admin manuals for manufacturing systems, conduct training for all users.
- Provide training and guidance to line techs and team leaders to ensure standard processes and practices are followed consistently.
- Complete specific sub-projects as identified by the Mfg. Systems Leader.
- Design and implement methods for high availability and database maintenance and backups.
- Acquire hardware, software and services required tsupport the system implementations.
- Create queries or Ad-Hoc reports to support data needs from quality, materials, operations and EHS.
- Partner with Lean team to continuously eliminate waste, simplify and improve processes.
- • Bachelor's degree (or equiv.) in Information Technology (IT), or 5+ years of experience developing Manufacturing Systems.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with the implementation of information technology in a complex Manufacturing environment.
- Formal training or 2+ years of programming experience in: Visual Basic, .NET, SQL and/or other languages
- Working Knowledge of Proficy (Cimplicity, Portal), SAP, & Aegis software systems
- Experience with SQL Database Administration
- Microsoft Certification, VMware Certified Professional or other Industry recognized IT certification
- Understanding of network technologies: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS
- Experience with Virtual Machine systems administration
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with a high level of initiative - collaborates well with others to solve problems